SIGN UP FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY
"Just love the people who are in LINEC"
“Once I retired, I was looking for ways to broaden my horizons.
LINEC absolutely accomplished that and continues to.”
Andres Institute of Art-Brookline, NH
“There are always such
an interesting variety of courses with
I’m never disappointed with LINEC classes.”
Henniker, New Hampshire
Rock of Ages Quarry Trip
LINEC, the Learning Institute of New England College, is a program created to educate, entertain, and enhance life. It offers non-credit, peer-led, peer-taught courses to retired and working adults – all for the sheer pleasure of learning.
LINEC classes are sponsored in conjunction with New England College.
LINEC offers four to six week courses in the fall, spring and summer.
- Fall Term is in October and November.
- Spring Term is in April and May.
- Summer Term is in July.
COVID UPDATE: LINEC members taking in person classes must agree to abide by whatever rules or requirements New England College has in place at that time, such as (but not limited to) the wearing of masks, social distancing, documented test results, vaccinations, etc.
Click here for 2023 Spring Courses
Membership 2022-23 fees will be staying the same
Details: Click Here
LINEC Introduction Movie
How to Become a LINEC Member
- The pleasure of learning with peers, from peers
- Reasonably priced classes
- Many opportunities to volunteer
- Course catalogs
- Invitation to LINEC’s Annual Meeting
- Invitation to special New England College (NEC) events
- Free loan of LINEC course videos stored in NEC’s Danforth Library
- Use of Danforth Library
- Reduced fee for per-credit NEC courses
- Opportunity to audit one NEC course per semester on a space-available basis at no cost
Sign Up for Your LINEC MembershipClick here to start your exciting journey with other LINEC members.
- Membership in LINEC is required to take fall and spring courses at $15 a class with membership.
- If you are curious about LINEC, but are not yet ready to become a member, you can enroll in as many summer courses as you wish for $25. Membership is not required for Summer Term. If LINEC is a good fit for you, you can become a member in the fall.
- Membership is $40 per person each academic year (October through July).
- Please add LINEC Membership by clicking the blue button next to course selections. To begin the process, click the button below.
Coming This Summer 2023
Gail Smuda and JohnMcCausland return with, respectively, art history and American novel.
John Gfroerer will present a couple of his documentaries and John Graebe will do a timely Supreme Court review.
Eric Simon goes wild with Biophilia in Action and Paul Hague continues our trip across basin and range on I-80 with John McPhee.
Glenn Stuart presents Laurence Olivier and Kenneth Branagh head-to-head with Henry V.
And Don Melander asks his classes to act out “North of Boston” and to dig four jazz movies.
Arts at New England College
Putnam Center for the Performing Arts
10 Weare Road, Henniker
All performances are open to the public.
Reservations & Information: 603-428-2382
and for upcoming performances visit nectheatre.com
or email email@example.com
French Hall Gallery, 148 Concord St. Manchester
Roger Williams Gallery, 77 Amherst St., Manchester
Chester Gallery, 39 Main St., Henniker
Hours might vary. Check with NEC for schedule.
Tuesday and Thursday 12-6
To read more about a class please click on “Register” next to each class listing.
|2022-23 Annual Membership||
|23Sp A - Contemporary African-American Poetry||
|23Sp B - *Astronomy and Cosmology||
|23Sp C - DNA||
|23Sp D - Shakespeare||
|23Sp E - Women Artists - Impressionism to Pluralism||
|23Sp F - *American Novel Reading Group||
|23Sp H - The Supreme Court: “The Least Dangerous Branch”||
|23Sp I - *Film Seminar: Alfred Hitchcock, 3rd Series||
|23Sp G - Annals of the Former World||
Bridge to Knowledge,
Continuing the Journey!