SIGN UP FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY
"Just love the people who are in LINEC"
“Once I retired, I was looking for ways to broaden my horizons.
LINEC absolutely accomplished that and continues to.”
Andres Institute of Art-Brookline, NH
“There are always such
an interesting variety of courses with
I’m never disappointed with LINEC classes.”
Henniker, New Hampshire
Rock of Ages Quarry Trip
LINEC, the Learning Institute of New England College, is a program created to educate, entertain, and enhance life. It offers non-credit, peer-led, peer-taught courses to retired and working adults – all for the sheer pleasure of learning.
LINEC classes are sponsored in conjunction with New England College.
LINEC offers four to six week courses in the fall, spring and summer.
- Fall Term is in October and November.
- Spring Term is in April and May.
- Summer Term is in July.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all courses are currently held on Zoom.
LINEC Introduction Movie
How to Become a LINEC Member
- The pleasure of learning with peers, from peers
- Reasonably priced classes
- Many opportunities to volunteer
- Course catalogs
- Invitation to LINEC’s Annual Meeting
- Invitation to special New England College (NEC) events*
- Free loan of LINEC course videos stored in NEC’s Danforth Library*
- Use of Danforth Library*
- Reduced fee for per-credit NEC courses*
- Opportunity to audit one NEC course per semester on a space-available basis at no cost *
*This benefit is not available at this time due to New England College COVID-19 protocols.
- Membership in LINEC is required to take fall and spring courses.
- If you are curious about LINEC, but are not yet ready to become a member, you can enroll in as many summer courses as you wish for $25. Membership is not required for Summer Term. If LINEC is a good fit for you, you can become a member in the fall.
- Membership is $40 per person each academic year (October through July).
- Please add LINEC Membership by clicking the blue button next to course selections. To begin the process, click the button below.
LINEC Spring Preview
Year-round courses: Poetry and Film Seminars and American Novel Reading Group
Continuing: Geologic Wonders, Americans Founding Fathers
Upcoming at New England College
NEC Theatre presents:
by Sarah Ruhl
Oct. 21 & 22 @ 7:30 pm and
Oct. 23 @ 3 pm
Rosamond Page Putnam Center for the Performing Arts
All performances are open to the public.
To read more about a class please click on “Register” next to each class listing.
|Annual Membership 2021-2022||
|Biology & Society||Biology & Society Zoom Link||
|The Beat Poets: Kerouac, Ginsberg, Corso and di Prima||Beat Poets Zoom Link||
|World’s Greatest Geological Wonders: 36 Spectacular Sites||Geological Wonders Zoom Link||
|Russia: From Czars to Commissars (and Back?)||Russia Zoom Link||
|Great Composers||Great Composers Zoom Link||
|American Novel Reading Group||American Novel-2021 Fall Zoom Link||
|America’s Founding Fathers||Founding Fathers Zoom Link||
|Film Seminar: Classic Noir Films from the 1940s||Noir Films Zoom Link||
|Understanding Today’s China||Today's China Zoom Link||
Bridge to Knowledge,
Continuing the Journey!