SIGN UP FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY
"Just love the people who are in LINEC"
“Once I retired, I was looking for ways to broaden my horizons.
LINEC absolutely accomplished that and continues to.”
Andres Institute of Art-Brookline, NH
“There are always such
an interesting variety of courses with
I’m never disappointed with LINEC classes.”
Henniker, New Hampshire
Rock of Ages Quarry Trip
LINEC, the Learning Institute of New England College, is a program created to educate, entertain, and enhance life. It offers non-credit, peer-led, peer-taught courses to retired and working adults – all for the sheer pleasure of learning.
LINEC classes are sponsored in conjunction with New England College.
LINEC offers four to six week courses in the fall, spring and summer.
- Fall Term is in October and November.
- Spring Term is in April and May.
- Summer Term is in July.
COVID UPDATE: LINEC members taking in person classes must agree to abide by whatever rules or requirements New England College has in place at that time, such as (but not limited to) the wearing of masks, social distancing, documented test results, vaccinations, etc.
LINEC Introduction Movie
How to Become a LINEC Member
- The pleasure of learning with peers, from peers
- Reasonably priced classes
- Many opportunities to volunteer
- Course catalogs
- Invitation to LINEC’s Annual Meeting
- Invitation to special New England College (NEC) events
- Free loan of LINEC course videos stored in NEC’s Danforth Library
- Use of Danforth Library
- Reduced fee for per-credit NEC courses
- Opportunity to audit one NEC course per semester on a space-available basis at no cost
- Membership in LINEC is required to take fall and spring courses at $15 a class with membership.
- If you are curious about LINEC, but are not yet ready to become a member, you can enroll in as many summer courses as you wish for $25. Membership is not required for Summer Term. If LINEC is a good fit for you, you can become a member in the fall.
- Membership is $40 per person each academic year (October through July).
- Please add LINEC Membership by clicking the blue button next to course selections. To begin the process, click the button below.
Year-round continuing courses:
American Poetry, American Novel Reading Group, and Film Seminar
Arts at New England College
Putnam Center for the Performing Arts
10 Weare Road, Henniker
All performances are open to the public.
French Hall Gallery, 148 Concord St. Manchester
Roger Williams Gallery, 77 Amherst St., Manchester
Chester Gallery, 39 Main St., Henniker
Summer Hours might vary. Check with NEC for schedule.
Tuesday and Thursday 12-6, Friday 12-7, Saturday 1-3
Bridge to Knowledge,
Continuing the Journey!