SIGN UP FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY
"Just love the people who are in LINEC"
“Once I retired, I was looking for ways to broaden my horizons.
LINEC absolutely accomplished that and continues to.”
Andres Institute of Art-Brookline, NH
“There are always such
an interesting variety of courses with
I’m never disappointed with LINEC classes.”
Henniker, New Hampshire
Rock of Ages Quarry Trip
LINEC, the Learning Institute of New England College, is a program created to educate, entertain, and enhance life. It offers non-credit, peer-led, peer-taught courses to retired and working adults – all for the sheer pleasure of learning.
LINEC classes are sponsored in conjunction with New England College.
LINEC offers four to six week courses in the fall, spring and summer.
- Fall Term is in October and November.
- Spring Term is in April and May.
- Summer Term is in July.
2023-24 Membership and 2023 Fall Registration begins September 1, 2023
Check out the travel opportunities that are happening in 2024 listed below.
Membership 2023-24 fees are due in September
LINEC Introduction Movie
How to Become a LINEC Member
- The pleasure of learning with peers, from peers
- Reasonably priced classes
- Many opportunities to volunteer
- Course catalogs
- Invitation to LINEC’s Annual Meeting
- Invitation to special New England College (NEC) events
- Free loan of LINEC course videos stored in NEC’s Danforth Library
- Use of Danforth Library
- Reduced fee for per-credit NEC courses
- Opportunity to audit one NEC course per semester on a space-available basis at no cost
- Membership in LINEC is required to take fall and spring courses at $15 a class with membership.
- If you are curious about LINEC, but are not yet ready to become a member, you can enroll in as many summer courses as you wish for $25. Membership is not required for Summer Term. If LINEC is a good fit for you, you can become a member in the fall.
- Membership is $40 per person each academic year (September through August).
- Please add LINEC Membership by clicking the blue button next to course selections. To begin the process, click the button below.
Coming 2024 Travel Opportunities
Travel to Tanzania led by Eric Simon open to LINEC members
July 29 – August 10, 2024
Tanzania boasts sprawling landscapes dotted with herds of wildlife, lions lounging blissfully on sun-drenched rocks, and mighty elephants trundling through tall grasses, making it a dream destination for wildlife and culture explorers around the world. Join Prof. Eric Simon on this 12-day adventure to marvel at Tanzania’s spectacular wildlife in its most stunning national parks. Celebrate Africa’s diverse indigenous groups with authentic cultural encounters in local communities. Set out in Tarangire, Ngorongoro, Karatu, and Lake Manyara for daily wildlife-viewing drives, and enjoy an unforgettable four-day exploration of the Serengeti to witness the world-famous Great Migration and much more. Return each day to memorable accommodations nestled amid idyllic African beauty, from the rim of Ngorongoro Crater to luxury tented camps perfectly positioned to access migration paths.
Trip to Tanzania (Arusha, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park, Karatu)
Cost: $6,995 all inclusive (except for international airfare and visa fee)
Number of travelers: 10-16 (including 2 leaders)
Activity level is light: riding in safari jeeps, walking 1 mile on flat terrain, appropriate for travelers with a wide range of physical abilities.
Contact Eric Simon at SimonBiologyTravel@gmail.com with any questions or for more information.
Looking to plan travel in 2024?
Consider saving these dates:
- Galapagos: May 19 – 28, 2024
Arts at New England College
Putnam Center for the Performing Arts
10 Weare Road, Henniker
All performances are open to the public.
French Hall Gallery, 148 Concord St. Manchester
Roger Williams Gallery, 77 Amherst St., Manchester
Chester Gallery, 39 Main St., Henniker
Hours might vary. Check with NEC for schedule.
Tuesday and Thursday 12-6
To read more about a class please click on “Register” next to each class listing.
|2023-24 Membership & Lifetime-Pick 1st||
|23F-A Modern American Poetry||23F-A Poetry Zoom Link||
|23F-B The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World||23F-B Ascent of Money (Classrm)||
|23F-E Comparative Religion: Sacred Places||23F-E Comparative Religion (Zoom Link)||
|23F-F The Novel Reading Group||23F-F Reading Gr (Classrm)||
|23F-I Gouverneur Morris: The Most Interesting Founding Father||23F-H Gouverneur Morris (Classrm)||
|23F-H Mary, Queen of Scots||23F-I Mary, Queen of Scots (Zoom Link)||
|23F-J Movies: The Films of Alfred Hitchcock, Final Series||23F-J Hitchcock (Classrm)||
|23F-D The Stage Shapes the Play and the Play Shapes the Stage: Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night||23F-D Shakespeare (Classrm)||
|23F-G Philosophy 101||23F-G Philosophy (Zoom Link)||
|23F-C Biology & Society: Genetically Modified Organisms||23F-C Biology & Society (ZOOM Link)||
Bridge to Knowledge,
Continuing the Journey!